always a catholic schoolboy... (dedicated to drowning wisdom in verbiage)

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Supplemental Information


You remember those sci-fi black and white films, or Tomorrowland, all that? One of their dire predictions about the 21st century was that we wouldn't eat food, but just take little pills. Well, I say bring 'em on.

Food is cool, if you're into all that. I like the nutrients and sometimes the taste is all right. But really, I'm just in it for the fuel. Just gas me up and send me on my way, that's what I'm about. I like restaurants, so long as the atmosphere is stimulating. But they could serve me a big protein shake there for all I care. Just so long as they don't bring me peas. Peas are sick. There is no need in the world for peas.

I work in a place that's on pretty friendly terms with New Age Nutrition. I'd like to think that I'm not too mystical or anything, but I have taken protein shakes and seen benefits both in my fitness and health (didn't get sick once while taking them). I think maybe that's the way to go. Supplements. We need some "real" food for roughage and fiber and to scrape all the crap out of our colons. Literally. But do we really need food and food preparation 3 times a day? Not in tomorrowland, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home